In support of her, many bloggers are doing a day of silence, and I'm doing just the opposite. She has inspired me to post a little about my story. I'm not going to get into it very much tonight, but my husband and I have spent 2 years struggling through infertility. It has been the biggest rollercoaster of my life, but I am absolutely a different and stronger person now than I was when I began. I have been wanting to blog about this for awhile now, but it's so personal and I was too scared. After reading Julee's blog, I've decided to swallow my fear and blog about it. Julee's blog helped me, and maybe I can help someone else.
With all of that being said, here is a little excerpt from one of my favorite posts of her entire blog. Something to laugh about...because there isn't much usually when talking about or going through this crazy journey. But when you can find something, when you can see anything positive, when you can keep your heart in one piece and smile about the little things: that, my friends, gets you through the hard days.
So, here you go: something to laugh about. :)
You can go read the article and more atwww.999reasonstolaugh.com... but here are her suggestions formore realistic titled fertility books:
- What to Expect after you’ve peed on a stick and you’re not sure if you really see a second line or it’s your imagination.
- What to Expect when you’ve been waiting all day for the fertility doctor to call you back.
- What to Expect after you’ve stared at the toilet paper and thought that you might have seen a red dot.
- What to Expect when you’re partner’s sperm count is in the negatives.
- What to Expect after you’ve had baby-making sex, not because you wanted to, but because it was ovulation time.
- What to Expect when cousin Martha gets pregnant on her first try.
- What to Expect when you have way too much PCOS-related facial hair.
- What to Expect after you’ve been inseminated by a 20 year old fertility intern named Teresa.
- What to Expect when your Facebook friends happily post their ultrasound photos and you want to shoot yourself.
- What to Expect after you’ve just eaten a container of ice cream following a BFN.
- What to Expect when you’re at a baby shower sobbing in the guest of honor’s bathroom.
- What to Expect when you have to give yourself a fertility injection during cousin Emma’s wedding.
- What to Expect when you’re mother gives you another newspaper articles about infertility.
- What to Expect when you’re completely jealous of all pregnant women but won’t ever admit it.
- What to Expect when you feel hopeless and this blog reminds you to never give up HOPE.
Please pray for Julee and Preslee.