Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Happy First Birthday, Kamdyn!


Dear Kamdyn,

Even though I tried to stop time, it didn't work and today you are turning one year old.  I have no idea how possibly this happened, but it did.  

You are the sweetest girl, Kamdyn.  You grin from ear-to-ear and squeal when daddy or I walk into the room.  When you're really excited, you pat our shoulder repeatedly.  It melts my heart.  

You love to play.  As long as you can see one of us, you are content.  You entertain yourself for sometimes up to an hour, babbling to your phone, smooching your baby dolls, bouncing your ball, or playing on your music table.  You like to make a huge mess and empty every container of toys - and I don't argue with you because seeing you play makes me so happy.


You love to eat.  You will eat pretty much anything - especially if it's something Daddy or I are eating.  You only have 3 teeth (two in the front on the bottom and one molar on top), but you gum most any food we give you.  You're a problem solver.  I like that.


You adore your sister.  Because she isn't with us all the time, sometimes we go lots of days without seeing her, but it doesn't matter to you - you just pick up right where you left off with her.  I hope that never changes.  Having a sister is a pretty incredible thing.  Never forget that.


Your dad is head over heels in love with you, Kamdyn.  At least once per day, he looks at you and says to me "My god, I love her so much".  And the feeling is mutual.  You love him SO much.  You'll sit on his lap and let him read you stories, you mimic every sound he makes, you clap when you hear his voice on the radio, your eyes light up the moment you see him.


There are so many people in your life who love you with their whole hearts.  I'm not sure there has ever been a child who is loved by more people than you are.  You are so blessed, baby girl.

The bond you have with your Aunt JuJu, Uncle Danny, and their 4 precious kiddos warms my heart SO much.  Watching your eyes light up when you hear their voices is a pretty incredible sight.  I know you KNOW...you recognize those voices.  Gives me goosebumps every single time.


And as for me, Little One, you have completely stolen my heart.  I adore you.  There has not been one single day of your life that I haven't been totally in awe of the miracle that you are.  I have loved the big moments of being your mommy - the first day you sat up, the first time you crawled, your first giggle - but most of all, I have loved the little day-to-day memories of being your mom.




I am so, so, SO thankful to be your mom, Kamdyn.  The bond we have is something people comment about almost every single day.  You love daddy, but you are for sure a Mama's girl.  You love to snuggle me before bedtime, you wave to me every morning when I come get you out of bed, you and I play and sing every night after dinner - I am so excited for all the fun things we are going to do together as you grow up.  

I have lots of jobs in this life.  I'm Daddy's wife, Oma & Opa's daughter, Tante's sister, I'm a friend to people, I'm a teacher to my students, I'm a coach to my dancers - I have lots of jobs.  But of all of those jobs, Kamdyn - being your mommy is far and away my most favorite.

Happy 1st Birthday, sweet girl - I love you to the moon and back.

xoxo -
Mommy :)

1 comment:

  1. This blog is amazing as well as I loved birthday pictures!! Hey, I need to book some nice venues for events where I can arrange a birthday party for my husband to give him a surprise. Do you have any recommendations?

    ReplyDelete